0.7.5 July 22 2016
- Chain Reverse Doubler. Makes a reverse image in chain mode.
- Chain Remove By Tail. Instead of randomly removing gifs, this option removes gifs from the end of the stack, making a snake effect.
- You can now press space bar to pause/play at any time. Useful for taking screenshots at the right time.
- Fixed issue where automations would stay on after refresh.
- Removed unnecessary scroll bars on the deck.
0.7.4 June 13 2016
- New Features:
- Sine Wave Automations
- Random Value Automations
- Scale reset button
- "Equalize Corners" button in Corners mode
- Added automation ability to:
- Max Image Amount
- Wind Intensity
- Background Zoom
- Background Opacity
- Midground Opacity
- Midground Zoom
- Midground Scale
- Hallway Stretch
- Circle Spin Speed
- Circle Container Spin Speed
- Big Shrinker Rotation
- Rainbow Bars Opacity
- Rainbow Bars Speed
- Rainbow Bars Rotation
- Processor intensive controls are now hidden by default and can be enabled from the settings panel
- Made autopilot turn off when switching to an unsupported mode
- Made center arc control less sensitive
- Automations automatically turn off for mode-specific controls when that mode turns off
- Reduced speed of automations
- Bug Fixes:
- Fixed gif preview not showing first gif after looping around
- Fixed bug where X/Y directions would lock when the deck loses focus
0.7.3 June 1 2016
- New Features:
- Holding Shift or Control/Command enables one-dimensional XY movement
- Counter on previewed gif shows amount of gifs and current index
- Bug Fixes:
- Previewed gif now loops around to the first gif when it reaches the last one
- Active mode now stays in sync when changed via MIDI
- When an automation is turned off, the slider now shows the accurate value
- Single clicks (without dragging) on sliders and XY pads now trigger a change
- Performance improvements
- Wind now affects hallway
- Border radius now affects hallway
- Rotate now affects hallway
- Scale now affects hallway
- Top and bottom images are now the previewed image
- New Threaded Rotation button rotates every other image the opposite direction
- Reduced Border Image max width from 300 to 100
0.7.2 January 2 2016
- Next gif preview can be toggled between still and animating. Keeping it still improves the overall frame rate.
- More controls for Corner Box:
- Corner Box Opacity
- Corner Box Position XY
- Corner Box Size
- New automations added:
- Border Image Width
- Border Image Slices
- Midground Rotation
- Border images now work in circle mode.
- When width is reset, the width slider now automatically tracks the height slider to maintain image ratio.
- When sending a gif to midground/background, now the opacity does not change.
- Improved onboarding experience.
- Performance improvements to border images.
- Border image now uses the current previewed gif, rather than the current gif+1.
- Fixed bug where a fullscreen performance window would show nothing after refresh.
- Fixed bug where XY pads would glitch when dragging from inside to outside.
- Fixed bug where mode parameters would reset when its button was pressed again.
- Fixed bug where circle would not start after chain.
- Temporary change of the automatic updater on Windows. The update button now opens a link to download a new copy of the fresh installer.
0.7.0 November 17 2015
- Complete interface redesign that separates the controls screen from the performance screen.
- Live preview panel of performance screen.
- Next gif preview and skip options.
- Draggable X/Y pad inputs for appropriate controls. (Chain direction, Hallway Perspective, etc.)
- Draggable sliders for other knob controls.
- Toggleable automation buttons for certain knob controls.
- Two different automation waveforms (Saw and Tri)
- MIDI Map edit window
- Import Map
- Export Map
- New Map
- Delete Map
- Framerate detection is now visible.
- Gif folder can be changed during performance.
- Randomization can be turned on or off during performance.
- Gamepad can now control hallway mode.
- Pixelated image rendering on midground/background.
- New Control: Wind Intensity
- New Control: Corners rotate quadrants
- Border images in hallway mode no longer push the hallway to the bottom right.
- Removed Puncher addon for improvements.
- Rewrote update system.
- Renamed "MIDI Layouts" to "MIDI Maps".
0.6.33 August 5 2015
- Image scaling now uses the Nearest Neighbor algorithm, resulting in bigger pixels and no blurry gifs.
0.6.3 July 17 2015
- New Mode: "Center" creates a stack of concentric GIFs.
- Control: Activate Center Mode
- Control: Center Horizontal Arc
- Control: Center Vertical Arc
- Control: Reset Center Arcs
- New Addon: "Puncher" randomly places a GIF on the screen, which flies to a controllable destination coordinate.
- Control: Activate Puncher
- Control: Next Puncher Image
- Control: Previous Puncher Image
- Control: Puncher Vertical Destination
- Control: Puncher Horizontal Destination
- Basic Gamepad support.
- Basic framerate detection and automatic optimization if framerate drops.
- Increase / Decrease max image amount in Corners Mode now increments by 4 instead of 1. Previously you would have to press it 4x to see a result.
- Changed from custom window frame to standard OS window frame. This improves fullscreen support.
- Improved the menu bar on Mac and introduced the menu bar on Windows.
0.6.2 June 10 2015
- Added labels to each grouping of controls in the Controls Tool. No more long confusing list.
- Cursor position X and Y can now be mapped to knob functions independently.
- Rebuilt Windows installer to avoid permissions errors when updating.
- Stability and performance improvements to Hallway.
- Performance improvements to Wind. Images will now be removed when they are blown off the screen.
- Fixed a small Circle placement bug.
- Increased default window size from 800 to 1000 pixels wide.
0.6.1 April 29 2015
- New Auto Opacity knob function
- New Auto Width knob function
- Height now affects Hallway Mode
- Auto Height now affects Corners Mode
- Scale and Auto Scale now affects Circle Mode
- Circle Mode now redraws in the center of the screen when you resize the window. Previously it would end up offscreen after resizing.
- The window can now be minimized from fullscreen.
- The page will no longer change when a file is dragged and dropped on gifSlap.
- Fixed a bug where the program would always use a cached version of the Default Layout after updating.
- Removed functions: toggle_auto_scale and toggle_auto_height. These functions can be activated by turning up their knob functions and turned off by turning their knobs down to 0.
- The dialog box for updates now has a link to this changelog.
- On the main menu the midi and keyboard/mouse layouts dropdowns now live update when a control layout is added to their folders.
0.6.0 April 23 2015
- Fixed critical bug where gifSlap would crash in Corners mode if the max image amount was turned below 0
- Fixed bug related to opening and closing the function picker in the ontrol tool.
- Changed colors of "coming soon" buttons on the main menu to gray.
- Editing the default layout now appends a number to your edit, rather than overwriting the edited map every time.
- Edited some exclusive mode functions to do nothing if the respective mode is not active.
0.5.9 March 12 2015
- The default control map is now uneditable. Edits are saved as "Default Map Edited". This also allows me to push a new version of the default map in updates.
- Introduced autopilot mode
- Control over GIF randomization on the main menu
- Zoom in and out controls, mapped to ALT +/- on the default layout
- On the main menu press Enter to fast launch with your previous settings
- Spaces in the folder path of the GIF folder was causing issues in hallway mode and background/midgrounds
- Fixed bugs related to the stage not filling up space when the window is resized
- Pause message container was appearing even when unpaused
- Randomized backgrounds, midrounds and foregrounds are independently shuffled now
- Control description was appearing at the top before a control was hovered
- Delete key no longer takes you back to the menu
0.5.7 February 6 2015
- Added default keyboard/mouse map
- Added button function for MIDI output
- Made image scale affect corners and mirror modes
- Added Credits
- Added indicator when gifSlap is paused
- Major improvements to control mapping tool
- Changed Wind direction functions to toggle